WorkShop in Mind
- Do you have valuable skills and experience to support others in the community?
- Are you over 18, with lived experience of a mental health condition and are now ready to take steps to return to work, on a supported self-employed basis?
WorkShop in Mind matches your skills and experience with work opportunities in the community. Evidence shows that working can promote recovery by providing structure and motivation and enables individuals to build self-esteem and social networks. Self-employment is an option open to individuals participating in WorkShop in Mind and offers flexible work opportunities and working hours.
How does it work?
WorkShop in Mind trains and develops individuals as self-employed Support Assistants, marketing the skills of individuals, e.g. painting or decorating etc., as services to members of the public who pay for them. As a Support Assistant with WorkShop in Mind, your wellbeing is at the centre of everything. Named mentors assist each Support Assistant to ensure that work is rewarding and an integral part of recovery from a mental health condition.
Services which Support Assistants are asked to provide include:
- Support for someone to access community services
- Help with household tasks like cleaning and laundry
- Gardening, plumbing, decorating or other skilled household tasks
- Administrative assistance and help with computers
What we offer you
- Training, on-going support and development
- Support and guidance on self-employment
- A positive supported and flexible back to work experience
- Guidance on self-development
- Networking opportunities with other self-employed people
- Access to work opportunities
- A non-stigmatised service
We value diversity and encourage applications from people who have a wide range of life experiences and from all ages and backgrounds. We welcome Support Assistants who can bring their own hobby or interest as a service.
All Support Assistants are required to undertake an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check, as well as supply two satisfactory references. For further information on CRB checks, please use the link below to visit the government’s CRB website: www.direct.gov.uk/crb
For an application pack please click here
Purchasing WorkShop in Mind Services
Anyone can contact us to benefit from the competitively priced services offered by WorkShop in Mind, including private households and public, private and community sector organisations.
Please call 02037 273600 and ask for the WorkShop in Mind Coordinator. Alternatively, please email email@example.com
If you are in receipt of a personal budget or direct payment, hiring a Support Assistant may provide the ideal solution to your requirements.
Please contact us if you would like more information.For more information contact us.
By obtaining several quotes from other businesses, you can compare prices and determine which one will
Nowadays, there are many unique techniques you could go about doing this, and you’ll find that it does not need to be hard to find a person who will essay writing services do so to you.
fit your needs best.